Annual Urs commences with Flag Hoisting at Buland Darwaza
On the appearance of the moon for the month of Rajab, there comes a change in daily routine which is generally held at the Holy Shrine. The main entrance of the Holy Tomb which in ordinary days is closed at night, is kept open through out the day and night (barring for 2 or 3 hours at night) during the six days of Urs. All other daily and weekly programmes are suspended and few functions and ceremonies commence from that night.
Qul Day ( Final Day)
Qul ceremony takes place on the last day of Urs which is also the sixth day of the month of Rajab. This is considered to be a very important day. After the morning prayer, people start gathering the Holy Tomb.The activities include recital of Quran, Darood, Shijra-e-Chishtia and other verses. People also tie small turbans on each other’s head and pray for the benefit of the people, for peace, prosperity and happiness.
- 29 January 2022 – Flag hoisting ceremony after asar namaz..
- 3 February 2022 – Urs begins 1st of Rajab, Jannati Darwaza will be open.
- 4 February 2022 – Namaz Jumma
- 8 February 2022- 6th Of Rajab, Chatti Shareef and Jumma Mubarak, Jannati Darwaza will get closed.
- 11 February- 9th of Rajab Bara Qul, last day of URS. Whole Dargah will be washed by devotees and main fatiha will be held in Dargah Shareef at 9 A.M(Note: Date may change according to the visibility of Moon)
Duas and blessings from Dargah Shareef Ajmer to all devotees.
For more information contact:
Syed HamZa Chishty
If you wants to do any contribution for the Dargah Sharif, you can send the money for neaz and nazar, by dd or by money order, or you can deposit the amount in any ICICI Bank Ltd ,To send the money by dd or money order, Kindly note below
In favor of: S.M.Hameed Chishty
ICICI Bank account No: 018501510323.
Bank name: ICICI Bank Ltd, Main Branch Ajmer.
Address: Bagh-e-Khadijah, Langar Khana Street , Dargah Sharif , Ajmer-305001, India